A majestic musical theater production presenting a beautiful love story, told through Cuban nostalgia, which will amalgamate the magic of the island's performing arts and gastronomy. The story takes place in a magical setting that integrates itself into the outdoor space.
Produced and directed by Peter Regalado and Miguel Ferro, Cuba Under the Stars aims to become the best and most pertinent option for musical theater entertainment during the holiday season.
The orchestra, composed of 18 musicians, will be under the musical direction of Marlene Urbay, Founder and Music Director of the Florida Chamber Orchestra (1995) and former Music Director of the National Ballet of Cuba.
A core of 24 dancers were chosen from among more than 500 professionals that auditioned. These dancers locals and others, are seeing great opportunity in the Magic City, considering Broadway’s current closure. They will perform under the artistic direction of Antonio Drija, a renowned choreographer and outstanding Cirque Du Soleil actor.
Illustrious Chef, television personality, cookbook author, influencer and entrepreneur, Chef Ana Quincoces will prepare the dinner and delight attendees with her distinctive and delicious Cuban dishes. Jorge Noa and Pedro Balmaseda, a team from Nobarte Interior Designs, will develop the costume designs for the cast and dancers.
During the two-hour production of CUBA Under the Stars, musical numbers will range from Cuban classics and original compositions by Cuban artists, including GRAMMY, Latin GRAMMY and Emmy Award winner Albita Rodriguez, singer, songwriter and fellow Latin GRAMMY Award winner Amaury Gutiérrez, Salsa and Guaracha performer Luis Bofill, and singer, actress and dancer Grethel Ortiz, recognized for her participation in Que Pasa USA? Today and Celia Cruz: The Musical.
The cast is composed of talented actors including Andrea Ferro, a bilingual Los Angeles based actress and singer, whose works include Farhad Or The Secret Of Being directed by Nilo Cruz, Little Women, The Dreams of Anne Frank and Les Miserables, among others. Jeffry Batista, a Cuban born actor and singer, he has been in plays including Amparo and Cacería. His film credits include The Rafter, the Lilo Vilaplana directed Plantados, and most recently, Critical Thinking, directed by John Leguizamo. Cast member Sandy Marquetti is a Cuban American actor who has participated in several international television and film projects, under the production and direction of Fernando Trueba.
• Opening Night: Thursday, December 10th
• The show will run every Thursday through Sunday from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm, through March 28
• Seating Capacity: 400, with six feet of space between tables
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Admission: Adults Only
• Entrance fee: $80 - $125 per person, including dinner
The safety of attendees:
• Tables are all six feet apart in an open air venue
• Hand Sanitizer Stations throughout the premises
• Full table service will prevent guests from walking around
• All cast tested 45 days before event and every 15 days during
• Dancers and Actors will have their masks on at all times except
• Crew will have masks on at all times
• 250 Jobs will be created for 2 months and 125 jobs for 4 months
• A total Economic Impact of more than 4M dollars for this 4 months production.
For General Show Information or other questions please call us at 305.222.2221
ALL MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED 2020 CUBA UNDER THE STARS